Get your FREE Experian credit report and score!*
- Free Experian credit report*
- Free Experian Credit Score*
- Free email and text alerts
- Identity Fraud Expenses Insurance**
- Dedicated UK based call centre
Checking your Experian credit report will not lower your score!
If you are a Credit Expert customer you can contact the customer services team with any questions specific to your credit report.
Please log in to your account and go to the contact us page to contact the member support team.
* Monthly fee applies after trial, new customers only. You may cancel your trial anytime during the 30-day trial period without charge. Free trial period starts on registration – further ID verification may be required to access the full service which may take up to 5 days.
** As part of your CreditExpert membership, we provide Identity Fraud Expenses Insurance.
Explore our Help Centre
Our credit report centre is full of information on what 's in your credit report and how to improve your credit rating.
Find out how to protect yourself from identity fraud and what to do if you're a victim.
Will completing an IVA early boost my credit score?
If you pay off on IVA early does your credit score improve from that moment or only after the five years has ended?
Lenders are likely to view an IVA that has been ‘completed’, whether after five years or ahead of schedule, as less adverse than an outstanding arrangement. However, in terms of the effect on credit scoring, the simple fact that you’ve entered into an IVA at all is likely to put a major dent in your credit score for at least six years, regardless of the current status. All you can really do is to make sure your report is up to date, particularly once the IVA concludes, and that any individual debts that were included in the IVA are then also updated as satisfied. If there was a good reason behind the need for an IVA you might like to add a ‘notice of correction’ on your credit report to explain this. Once the IVA drops off your report, six years from the start of the arrangement, the notice will disappear with it.