Sign up for news and offers
Special offers, tips and best practice guides to help your business succeed
Business credit management – helping you increase cash flow and reduce bad debt
Managing cashflow effectively is critical to the survival of any business but especially true of smaller companies. All too often, the pressures of the day-to-day challenge of running that business means that the focus on cashflow and credit management can sometimes be overlooked and additional help and skills are required.
Experian's team of Credit Management consultants have the experience, the knowledge, the tools and the techniques to help you to improve cash flow, reduce bad debts and improve customer retention.
What will I get?
Our service will give you a new perspective and new ideas to old problems. We will advise you on the development of best practice to increase the profitability of your business by putting in place an effective credit control policy and a robust credit process.
Following a comprehensive review of your existing credit procedures along with the lifecycle of a debtor, our team will review and make recommendations on how to improve existing policies as well develop a completely new policy. The areas we will cover include:
- Advice on the terms and conditions of trading
- How to get the best credit application process and documentation
- Rules for acceptance or decline and credit terms offered
- Authorisation levels
- Different payment options (i.e. credit, direct debit, cash on delivery)
- Cost of administering credit and interest / late payment charges
- Telephone collection procedures
- Account management support
- Credit limit reviews
- Query handling
- Chaser letters and letter cycle
- Debt escalation timescale
- 3rd party suppliers used
Please fill in the form below for more information on how our expert Credit Management Consultants can help your business tackle bad debt: