Financial Strategy Segments
Experian's consumer financial behaviour and financial market analysis services
Following the global financial crisis demand and availability of financial products has changed significantly. In turn, these factors have influenced the UK population’s financial behaviour.
Experian’s leading Financial Strategy Segments (FSS) has been developed to provide insight around these unprecedented changes and the impact this has had on the way consumers utilise financial products and services.
The financial world has changed and so have your consumers' behaviours
Financial Strategy Segments is used by many of the UK’s largest organisations to help them understand financial market segmentation in order to drive strategic marketing planning and execution.
Perfect for any sector, FSS supports businesses in understanding more about:
- Their consumer’s diverse range of financial needs and behavioural drivers and preferences
- How to build successful and engaging customer relationships based on intelligent financial insight from financial market data
- Developing marketing strategies based on the ability to identify the influencers of consumer behaviour
- Optimising acquisition, growth and retention strategies through every stage of the consumers financial life cycle
- Individual financial preferences, influencers and behaviours of consumers across 50 household types, all detailed in individual pen profiles.
Experian’s Financial Strategy Segments (FSS) is used by a large number of UK organisations in order to understand their consumers' financial behaviours, retain and grow existing consumer relationships and acquire new ones.
Used by organisations across all sectors, from financial services, telco’s, retail and leisure to the public sector, FSS delivers data driven insight that supports intelligent customer engagement strategies.
Below are just a few examples of how FSS can help your organisation:
- Identify your highest value customers and find others like them
- Send out communication through your consumers' preferred marketing channels
- Up and cross sell your product portfolio by understanding your customers' behaviours and drivers
- Understand regional and local variations in product consumption and apply this insight into your strategic business plans
- Understand your consumers' diverse range of financial needs, behavioural drivers and preferences
- Build successful and engaging customer relationships based on intelligent financial insight
- Tailor your marketing strategies based on the ability to identify the influencers of consumer behaviour
- Optimise acquisition, growth and retention strategies through every stage of the customer financial life cycle.
What is Financial Strategy Segments?
Financial Strategy Segments (FSS) is a person and household level segmentation which provides an unrivalled depth of insight into the financial behaviours of UK consumers.
Financial Strategy Segments classifies all adults in the United Kingdom into:
- 14 household level groups (A–N)
- 50 household level types
- 93 person level types
What do the person level types tell me?
Using pen profiles to bring the data to life, each of the 93 individual profiles comprehensively describe UK consumers' distinct financial lifestyle types including:
- The underlying factors which influence consumer behaviour
- Typical financial product holdings
- Behaviour and future intentions
- A summary of the key socio-economic and demographic characteristics
What data has been used?
FSS has been built using data chosen for its ability to accurately describe financial behaviour. It is characterised by its volume, quality, consistency and sustainability.
Data must meet the following criteria:
- Identify and describe consumer segments by individual or household
- Maximise discrimination
- Allow for the identification of a wide range of financial behaviours
- Be updated annually to ensure the classification maintains an accurate and consistent
- Be capable of distinguishing behaviour around a series of key dimensions including demographics, personal equity, investments, borrowings, debt, attitude, aspiration and channel choice.
Contact the team
0845 234 0391
9am - 5pm Monday - Friday