Personalisation in marketing - where's the line between 'cool' and 'creepy'?
Personalisation is an increasingly important tactic for marketers as we become more and more focused on providing our customers with relevant and interesting customer journeys.
But at what point does personalisation become intrusive? Is there a line? Is it acceptable for some brands or for some messages?
Based on a consumer survey and our very own 2015 Digital Marketer Survey of 1,000 marketers worldwide, the report covers:
- How many marketers are personalising and to what extent?
- What are the dangers of personalisation?
- Where does value outweigh annoyance?
- How do you define 'adding value'?
- What do consumers think about personalisation?
- Does their view depend on their relationship with the brand?