Get your FREE Experian credit report and score!*
- Free Experian credit report*
- Free Experian Credit Score*
- Free email and text alerts
- Identity Fraud Expenses Insurance**
- Dedicated UK based call centre
Checking your Experian credit report will not lower your score!
If you are a Credit Expert customer you can contact the customer services team with any questions specific to your credit report.
Please log in to your account and go to the contact us page to contact the member support team.
* Monthly fee applies after trial, new customers only. You may cancel your trial anytime during the 30-day trial period without charge. Free trial period starts on registration – further ID verification may be required to access the full service which may take up to 5 days.
** As part of your CreditExpert membership, we provide Identity Fraud Expenses Insurance.
Explore our Help Centre
Our credit report centre is full of information on what 's in your credit report and how to improve your credit rating.
Find out how to protect yourself from identity fraud and what to do if you're a victim.
How often is my Experian credit report updated?
How often is my credit report updated? It is over a month out of date.
The credit account information on your report, which is I suspect what you're looking at, is updated once a month by each of your lenders, while ever the accounts stay open. We also put the new data through quality control each month before we include it on your credit report. As a result, there will be a short delay between, for example, you paying off a credit card and seeing this reflected on your report. That's just how the process works I'm afraid. Lenders who use the data, who are themselves data sharers, know exactly how the system works and factor that into the decisions they make. Some of the data we hold is updated quicker than this though. For example, any regular search of your report leaves an instant search footprint that you can see, and your lenders if it was a credit application. (October 2013)