Get your FREE Experian credit report and score!*
- Free Experian credit report*
- Free Experian Credit Score*
- Free email and text alerts
- Dedicated UK based call centre
Checking your Experian credit report will not lower your score!
If you are a Credit Expert customer you can contact the customer services team with any questions specific to your credit report.
Please log in to your account and go to the contact us page to contact the member support team.
* Monthly fee applies after trial, new customers only. You may cancel your trial anytime during the 30-day trial period without charge. Free trial period starts on registration – further ID verification may be required to access the full service which may take up to 5 days.
Explore our Help Centre
Our credit report centre is full of information on what 's in your credit report and how to improve your credit rating.
Find out how to protect yourself from identity fraud and what to do if you're a victim.
Can I explain husband's illness on my report?
How can I put an explanation of the reason I defaulted? My husband had a stroke and heart bypass, was off work for 18 months and I was the only one earning. I was told by an advisor today that I can put a note on my report explaining this.
I hope your husband has made a full recovery. You certainly can explain the circumstances you describe to lenders via your credit report. You can add a note of up to 200 words to your report, called a Notice of Correction, that lenders will then see when checking your report in the future. Simply send us the wording you'd like to use and we add it to your report and send you confirmation. Having a note on your report is likely to delay any credit applications you make because the application would have to be referred to a person to consider. But if the outcome is a 'yes' instead of a 'no' then I'm sure that would be worth it.