Get your FREE Experian credit report and score!*

CreditExpert Logo

  • Free Experian credit report*
  • Free Experian Credit Score*
  • Free email and text alerts
  • Dedicated UK based call centre

Checking your Experian credit report will not lower your score!

If you are a Credit Expert customer you can contact the customer services team with any questions specific to your credit report.

Please log in to your account and go to the contact us page to contact the member support team.

* Monthly fee applies after trial, new customers only. You may cancel your trial anytime during the 30-day trial period without charge. Free trial period starts on registration – further ID verification may be required to access the full service which may take up to 5 days.

Explore our Help Centre

Our credit report centre is full of information on what 's in your credit report and how to improve your credit rating.

Find out how to protect yourself from identity fraud and what to do if you're a victim.

Can I order my son’s report to help sort out his debts?


Dear James,


My son is in prison. Prior to being put in prison he had run up debts. He is due to be released and I wish to obtain a credit report on his behalf. He wishes to make a fresh start and has no idea of the extent of any debt or if it is still on statute. He was/is of no fixed abode. How do I go about this?



Michael, Liverpool


Dear Michael,

Credit reports usually stretch back six years, so will include any debts run up during that period. In terms of getting a copy of your son’s credit report – which is certainly a very good idea – the best way to do this would be for your son to engage with an outreach/support worker in the actual prison, for example, from the local Citizens Advice Bureau. It would be very difficult for you to get hold of a copy of his report, even with his permission, but we do have a special process in place to provide credit reports to prisoners, to help them get on top of their debts. Of course, once he’s received the report, if he wishes to pass it on to you to review for him then that is absolutely fine. However, if the support worker is a trained debt adviser, and many of them are, they might actually be in a better position to help your son straighten things out and hopefully help give him a head start when he’s released.

James Sign

  • © 2017 Experian. All rights reserved